Sunday, December 31, 2017

Happiness

We all use the phrase, "I'm happy," now and then, but what does it really mean?

Feeling happy can be as different as we are. Sometimes people are happy just because they are ready to see things in their lives differently. For example, Tommy got a new bicycle for Christmas and was feeling very excited and happy. "I can't wait to ride it!" he said.

On his first try he hit a tree and bent his tire rim. He was thrown off the bike and landed on the neighbors lawn. His father and mother quickly ran to his side. Picking him up slowly, they asked if he had hurt himself, or if he had any pain. "Nope!" he said with a smile.

"I know I must have scared you Mom and Dad, when I hit the tree and fell, and I felt a bit scared too, but it was actually kind of exciting! I don't think I have ever felt my heart beat so hard, and I know my eyes were as wide as saucers! I'm sorry about the front tire, but I will save my allowance and replace it as soon as I can."

In this case, Tommy chose to feel happy. He could have easily cried and complained about the damage to his bicycle, but he appreciated the moment of excitement that he experienced. He knew he would get the bike fixed and would soon be riding it again.

Choose to see the positive side of everything you experience. You will be glad you did!

No comments:

Post a Comment